Visit the the Sparks exhibition at the Night of the Museums as well, between 4 pm and 9 pm at June 24, 2017!
Beyond the Lab: The DIY Science Revolution
Science is done by scientists, right? Or is it? To invent something, you must be an inventor, naturally. Or do you? These are exactly the things that Sparks and its traveling exhibition titled “Beyond the Lab” will question in Budapest between June 20 and August 16.
The exhibition’s content is provided by the London Science Museum, and is shown in 29 countries. You can see it in Hungary between June 20, 2017 and August 16, 2017.
At the Night of the Museums, playful, interactive programs, citizen science apps, book corner, interesting workshops await the younger visitors: Create a Neuron! Put together 3D human body models! Learn about the microbes living inside you!
Guided tours of the exhibition at 4.30, 6.00, and 7.30 pm. (this last one is in English).
Interactive workshops – 4.30 – 8.00 pm.
- e-NABLE Workshop: Designing a robot hand for kids
- Citizen Science Workshop: Learn about interesting projects!
- Interesting exercises for younger ones
TEDxConversations science film club
- 4.30 – 5.30 pm. Health in the 21st century – the TEDx Ambassador of the discussion: Lajos Lukács
- 6.00 – 7.00 pm. Women in science – the TEDx Ambassador of the discussion: Martina Krajcsovics
- 7.30 – 8.00 pm. Science and democracy – the TEDx Ambassador of the discussion: Eszter Endrődy
- 5.00 – 6.00 pm. Go and make it! The DIY movement and being a maker, innovation from a new perspective
- 6.30 – 7.30 pm. Citizen science in the service of research
Attendance is free of charge, but wristbands are not available! The exhibition is bilingual, English and Hungarian! The events of the Night of the Museums are in Hungarian, but the short films shown in the TEDxConversations science film club are in English.
Location and transportation:
The event is organized by: ESSRG, Impact Hub Budapest, e-Nable Hungary.
This event received funding from the European Union’s H2020 Research and Innovation Programme, Grant agreement No. 665825.