Are you concerned about climate change? Biodiversity loss? Inequality? Hunger and malnutrition?
Do you want to understand how all these issues are connected through our food system?
Do you want to learn practical tools and approaches that help to navigate the innate complexity of dynamic systems?
Take part in a 5-week learning journey and improve your system thinking abilities while working on the real challenges of our food system!
What can you expect?
After the successful completion of this course, you will…
- have experience in applying a systemic approach to a given problem or challenge;
- have practised various system thinking tools and methods that can support you in navigating complexity;
- have a better understanding of how diet, food production, environment, population and resources inter-relate and impact each other;
- have reflected on your own role and responsibility as a member of the food system and identified action steps for developing even more sustainable habits;
- be able to point out some of the key challenges and controversies that exist within the food system;
- be part of an inspiring community of learners and changemakers.
The course is comprised of three parts:
1. Four 3-hours-long (from 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.) facilitated sessions, where you will learn specific methodologies and approaches for system thinking and system analyses. Active participation and teamwork are the foundations of these sessions. Tea and healthy snacks will be provided by us.
2. (At least) one meeting with a local food system actor.
3. An online course and learning support system that helps you understand the various food system aspects, dynamics, challenges and opportunities. You can complete the online modules in your own rhythm at home.
Timeframe and content of the offline sessions & online modules
Application deadline: October 8, 2019
We will let you know whether your application was successful by the 13th of October.
Impact HUB Budapest, 1053, Budapest, Ferenciek tere 2.
The tuition fee is waived for the first group of participants, as the course is created, organized and facilitated in the framework of the FIT4FOOD2030 Project.
fit4food2030.eu – #FOOD2030EU
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No774088